I’m a big fan of podcasting. It is a way for me to actually get personal with those whose activities I like and keep up with. However, it’s not always that I have the time to keep up with the numerous podcasts I follow. In steps Juice Receiver.
Juice Receiver is an open source (GPL), cross platform podcasts organizer that allows you to actually select and download your favorite podcasts from anywhere on the internet for play on any device that can handle MP3s.
“Juice makes the process easy by helping you select audio files from among the thousands of audio sources on the web and downloading those files to your computer. Once you select a feed or location, it will download those files automatically at times you specify and have the files waiting for you on your computer, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time manually selecting and waiting for downloads.”
Using RSS, Juice Receiver actually gives you the option of subscribing to a podcast in its own directory or do so by entering the URL of the podcast.
It is available for download for all the major platforms. If you are a serious podcast lover like me, the you definitely need to give Juice Receiver a look. If you want to be convinced some more, take a look at a short list of its features
- Juice is free
- Juice supports more than 15 languages
- Juice supports multiple media players
- Juice is free software licensed under the GPL (open source)
- Juice’s primary purpose is to manage podcasts
- Juice has a built-in directory with thousands of listed podcast feeds
- Juice has auto cleanup, authentication, centralized feed management and much more
- Juice is accessible for blind and visually impaired users (windows version only)
- Juice is fresh!