With a lot of people getting scammed everyday, the world of online scammers is vast. This infographic from Background Check sheds some light on where these scams originate from, broken down into country specific percentages. Some of the highlights are
- The Internet Crime Complaint Center receives over 300,000 complaints each year.
- These internet scams amounted to an almost $600 million loss in 2009.
- Men lose $1.25 for every $1.00 loss reported by women.
- Nearly 66% of the complaints originated from the US.
- The more than half of internet scams originate from the US
From: Background Check Guide